Chinese New IP Courts: A new phase of IP judicial enforcement in China?
Loeb & Loeb LLP invites you to our complimentary 60-minute CLE webinar.
February 17, 2015
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PST
1:00 - 2:00 PM CST
2:00 - 3:00 PM EST
Available Media Formats:
Why You Should Attend
To have a fundamental understanding of the existing judicial systems in China and how the new courts changes your approaches to IP judicial protections, especially you are seeking or possessing IP protections in China.
What You Will Learn
Speakers will first provide a background of the Chinese existing judicial system and address how these three new courts alter jurisdictions and other considerations for bring legal actions on IP. As the new Beijing Intellectual Property Court opened its door on November 6, 2014, with the IP courts in Guangzhou and Shanghai followed in December 2014, the speakers will also address impacts of these changes to US IP holders seeking IP judicial protections in China.
- The establishment of these three IP courts in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou: historical background; jurisdictions; forums; and judicial capabilities.
- Pros and Cons to US IP holders for bringing their cases before these new courts.
- Other impacts of these IP courts on the overall IP climate in China.
This webinar is intended for attorneys for Loeb’s clients with existing or potential IP interests in China.
Background of the New IP Courts (20 minutes)
- Basics of Chinese court systems
- Why Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai only?
- Jurisdictions and forums of the three new IP courts
- Judicial capabilities of judges of the new courts
(Speaker: Arthur Yuan)
What role do these IP Courts play in the overall Chinese judicial system and what does it mean for US IP right stakeholders? (40 minutes)
- Potential factors in favor of bringing cases before these courts
- Potential factors against bring cases before these courts
- Other considerations
- Future outlook - Possible future developments of these courts: A Supreme IP Court?
(Speakers: Arthur Yuan and Doug Masters)