Connectivity and Social Media in Life Sciences
Safe and Effective! Developing FDA-Compliant Advertising and Promotions for Drugs and Medical Devices
Recorded on February 22, 2017
Available Media Formats:
Why You Should Attend
In this age of rapidly evolving digital technology, the opportunity to reach consumers with advertisements and information directly related to their needs has expanded with the ability to optimize consumer data. Developing legally compliant — and effective — consumer advertising and promotions is a challenge that transcends industries, but for pharmaceutical and life sciences companies and the advertising agencies that serve them, the hurdles are even higher, and the risks and exposure for companies in this highly regulated space are even greater. The FDA’s regulations and guidance for direct-to-consumer advertising and promotional labeling, risk disclosure and claim substantiation are rigorous, and prerelease vetting of all materials — from packaging and traditional advertising to social media, digital and targeted online advertising — is absolutely critical. In addition to understanding the FDA’s requirements, life sciences companies and their agencies need to consider whether they have any obligations under federal and state laws, and applicable self-regulatory guidelines.
- Advertising, Promotions and Claim Substantiation — Rules, Regulations and Best Practices.
- Social Media and Digital Marketing in the Highly Regulated Life Sciences Industry.
- International Privacy and Data Security Concerns for Life Sciences Companies.
This webinar is intended for participants who are responsible for the compliance, legal or creative aspects of direct-to-consumer advertising and promotions for pharmaceuticals and medical devices, whether at advertising agencies or life sciences companies.
Topic 1 (20 minutes)
- The legal landscape for direct-to-consumer advertising for drugs and medical devices; critical differences in this highly regulated industry; best practices for compliance and prerelease vetting.
(Speaker: Scott Liebman)
Topic 2 (20 minutes)
- Social media and digital advertising — legal issues surrounding the rise of new platforms and media and their implications for life sciences companies.
(Speakers: Scott Liebman and Jessica Lee)
- Optimizing consumer data to reach your customers: Understanding the technology and the privacy and data security regulations that apply to domestic and international collection, storage and use of consumer data.
(Speaker: Jessica Lee)
Scott S. Liebman, Partner and Co-Chair, Life Sciences
Loeb & Loeb LLP
Jessica B. Lee, Associate, Advanced Media and Technology
Loeb & Loeb LLP